Here’s a lobster dish inspired by the exotic flavors of Thai cuisine. The sweetness of coconut milk paired with the spiciness of red curry paste compliments the lobster perfectly in this simple dish.
Thai Lobster Coconut Curry
- 1 lb. cooked lobster meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 green onion shoots, finely chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 red banana pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow banana pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil on medium high. Add red peppers and saute for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add green onion, garlic and curry paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk, brown sugar and fish sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add lobster meat and chopped cilantro. Let stand for 2-3 minutes until the lobster heats through.
- Serve over scented jasmine or basmati rice and garnish with fresh cilantro or Thai basil.